The Humeral Nail is primarily indicated for humeral shaft fractures which are inherently not prone to varus malposition. The lateral portal design allows insertion just medial to the rotator cuff and facilitates easier portal attainment and nail insertion. The Long Nails range from 20 to 30cm in length and 7-9mm in diameter.
Features & Benefits
The CZMEDITECH Humeral Nail is intended to provide temporary stabilization of various types of fractures,malunions and nonunions of the humerus.
The nails are inserted using an opened or closed technique and can be static, dynamic and compression locked.
Types of fractures include, but not limited to fractures of the humeral shaft, non-unions, malalignments,pathological humeral fractures, and impending pathological fractures
Physician education, training and professional judgement must be relied upon to choose the most appropriate device and treatment.
1. Any active or suspected latent infection or significant local inflammation in or near the affected area.
2. Damaged blood vessels can inhibit adequate blood supply to the fracture or surgical site.
3. Bone mass damaged by disease, infection, or prior implantation that does not provide adequate support and/or fixation for the device.
4. Obesity. Overweight or obese patients can place loads on the implants that can cause device fixation failure or
5. Failure of the device itself.
6. Patients with insufficient tissue coverage at the surgical site.
7. Use of implants that would interfere with anatomy or physiology.
8. Any psychiatric or neuromuscular disease that creates an unacceptable risk of fixation failure or complications in postoperative care.
9. Other medical or surgical conditions that would preclude the potential benefit of surgery.